Sunday, May 27, 2007

An Explanation

You can hardly move in the virtual world these days without running into Timothy Ferriss, the uber-lifestylist who is blowing apart the way everyone is thinking about work. This guy is everywhere!

I got his book The 4-Hour Work Week hot off the presses and was immediately enthralled. Just so you know, I am not easily enthralled. I am a business coach and reading books like this is part of my job. In fact, I've read so many that they've all started running together. Until I read this one. As I told my fabulous VA, Amber, from the get-go this book immediately began to transform the way I thought about work. I 'll talk more about this as we pursue this adventure together, but it's been a long, long time since I got caught up in this kind of vision for my business and, more importantly, my life.

And I so want Timothy to be right! I so want it to be possible to create a self-sustaining business and a lifestyle that is long on free time to enjoy the things that excite me. Mostly, I want to know that I can create it now, this year, not sometime in the future, "when the time is right".

So, starting this week, I am going to begin from the beginning of the book, work through the questions and exercises, pursue the contacts he suggests pursuing, basically following the book to the letter.

I'll post my thoughts, my answers, my challenges as I come to them. Just don't expect me to post 12 times a day everyday. Following Timoth's lead, I will post maybe 3 times a week. I invite you to follow along with me, posting your comments, your questions and challenges right along with me.

So....let's begin, shall we?

Sarah

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah
I am also a business coach, based in the UK. I am on page 166 of the book and loving it. I listened to the author yesterday on a teleclass which they wisely cut short to only 30 minutes and that gave me an idea!
I havent done anything with the email yet except think and talk about doing it. But I have worked out what I have earned in the last five months and what it took to earn it and how to streamline that into 6 days a month from September rather than the 26 it sprawls across now! And this has given me the most enormous clarity and focus, which is great for a raving entrepreneur like myself.
I will follow your journey with delight.
Judith
www.judithmorgan.com

Sarah Robinson said...

Welcome to the journey Judith! Please let us in on how your transition is going, okay? We can inspire each other!
Sarah