Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Get Friday Update

Got an email from Asha today who is one of the head people at Your Man In India's VA program, Get Friday. In my initial call I asked about help with website maintenance and transcription. He said they outsourced transcription - which I can understand. The English required for that skill is better than average. I got confused when he said they also outsourced website maintenance because in Tim's book and on their website, basic site maintenance is clearly listed as something they do.

In my reply I was more specific about how very basic my needs are. I already have a VA who is incredibly skilled in web design and Html. We just get behind sometimes in basic updates like text changes and adding links. So, we'll see what I hear next.

The biggest piece of knowledge I gained was that there is about a 20 day wait to receive an assistant from Get Friday. I am sure the incredible popularity of The 4-Hour Work Week and Tim's recommendation of Your Man In India has driven demand for their services through the roof.

Nevertheless, I plan on signing up for a 10 hour package. Between my business and personal life, I know I can come up with 10 hours worth of stuff for them to do for me in a month.

I'm still working on what I want my life to look like. The best I can do is think about what I want it to look like in 6 months and in a year. Things just get to fuzzy after that.

The one thing I know I want in 6 months: a housekeeper. Not a cleaning service. A housekeeper. I have no idea what one of those costs where I live or even where to find one. But I plan on finding out. No more laundry, loading and unloading the dishwasher, endless vacuuming of dog hair, fights over who let what sit too long in the fridge. I might even find one that cooks.

Yes, a housekeeper is at the tip-top of my list for freeing up my time. Anyone want the job!

Reality is negotiable.

Sarah

No comments: